Have you thought about GAP Cover? GAP Cover will top up the shortfall between the value of your vehicle today and the future value if written-off by your insurer
If you are buying a new car, the chances are that the garage you buy from will suggest GAP cover - but you will probably pay far more than you need to.
GAP Cover is available for cars, light commercial vehicles (vans) and motorcycles. Cover is available for 2 years or 3 years.
Can you afford not to have GAP cover?
- Covers Write-Offs following Fire, Theft or Accident (fault or non-fault)
- Cover available for cars, motorcycles (500cc and over) and light commercial vehicles up to 3500kg (3.5t)
- Cover is available on vehicles up to 5 years old and with up to 80,000 miles at the date of purchase
- You can buy either a 2 year or 3 year policy
- Covers up to £250 excess in a claim
- Maximum GAP payout is a market-leading £15,000!
- If the vehicle is less than 6 months old at point of purchase, the dealer invoice price will be used
Why do I need GAP cover? I have Comprehensive insurance, right? Well...
- Insurers will pay only the depreciated value at the time of the claim. Although some policies offer to "replace" a new car, this usually only applies for the first 6 months
- Sadly your vehicle depreciates every day!
- Write-offs have increased by 86% since 1998 (HPI Report November 2008)
- 161,000 vehicles were stolen in 2007/2008 (British Crime Survey - The Home Office)
- 40% of stolen vehicles are not returned to their owners (Uswitch February 2008)
What are the benefits?
- You do not have to borrow additional money to replace your car with a similar model
- GAP cover can help to quickly settle any outstanding finance or loans - helping keep hold of your money and maintaining a positive credit rating
- Please contact us for our current prices and full policy terms and conditions.